Check out our dough making Recipe for 00 Pizza Flour:
- Prepare and weigh all ingredients according to chart
- Dissolve dry yeast into the water inside dough machine
- Water temperature must be calculated according to the formula:
TEMP.WATER = 56 – (TEMP.Flour x 2) (for spiral type dough machine)
- Add approximately 50% of the flour, a little at a time, letting it mix evenly.
- After about 5 minutes, add all the salt (preferably fine sea salt)
- Add the rest of the flour, a little at a time.
- Once the dough is well mixed, add the oil and increase the speed to the second speed setting.
- Once dough looks nice and smooth, stop dough machine, take dough out and leave it to rest.
Total time of mixing approximately 15-20 minutes.
Maximum temperature of dough: 23-24 degrees centigrade
- Let dough rest in its entirety on a clean surface, covered with cling film for as long as it takes to start the first phase of proofing, typically 20 minutes in Spring/Summer and 45 minutes in Autumn/Winter.
- Divide dough into portions (balls) of desired size and perfectly compact which will immediately be laid out onto PVC trays, remembering that the dough balls will double in size (allow for enough space between them).
- The trays must rest at room temperature for about 2 hours in the Summer and 3 hours in the Winter, neatly stacked.
- Trays will then be transferred to the fridge, set at a temperature of approximately 2-3 degrees. (do not stack trays for the first half hour, then go back and stack them neatly).
- After 24 hours the dough balls will be perfectly proofed and ready for use without any further resting at different temperatures.
|Proofing 30 hours||Water||Dry Yeast||00 Flour||Fine Sea Salt||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|+20 mins in Summer
+45 mins Winter
|1 Litre||4-8 grams||1.87Kg||55 grams||50 grams|